Tuesday, December 21, 2010

LONGEST NIGHT

Winter is long and dark but this being Solstice, tomorrow we'll start gaining daylight again. The weather's been bitter cold lately, the inlet has turned to slush and the waves look like they are in slow motion, a strange sight to see. It was fun watching the eclipse last night. I was surprised at how many hours it took for the shadow to cover the moon and then uncover it. The good news is, besides the eclipse, this time of year there are no distraction. So, I've started filling orders. The bread and butter of the beadwork business, not always my favorite subject matter or color scheme but thank goodness for people who want to buy beaded bags! The piece I'm working on is roses, flowers, and butterflies. Yes it's been done, but I try to put a lot of creativity and spice into every piece. Also, finished my little hand piece for the breast cancer quilt. Getting things done, I love it, soon the new year will be here and I''ll have a little cleaner slate to start with. So, instead of lamenting the lack of sun and missing summer on this, the shortest day of the year, I count my blessings. I'm so glad to have orders to fill and time to sit at the bead table...

3 comments:

  1. First, I like the new look to your blog. Very easy to read!! Your latest piece is beautiful. The roses are so realistic! Just wonderful! Wishing you 'sunny days' (forthcoming!) and happy holiday's to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Holidays to you and your too! I've done lots of roses but they are never easy, to many petals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you know that that you can earn money by locking premium sections of your blog or site?
    To start you need to join AdWorkMedia and run their content locking tool.

    ReplyDelete