Friday, May 13, 2011

SANDHILL CRANES

In the spring we always have the sandhill cranes flying over the house. They are in gorgeous V formation, rattling their calls. But yesterday I was up at 6 in the morning walking our house guest Sadie and was shocked to hear this incredibly loud racket, two cranes ( I think they were mating) back in the muskeg, chasing each other around and making this blood curdling noise. Sadie who is a 15 year old Australian Shepard  and normally up for anything was aghast! I love the cranes and am surprised to know that this is the only piece of beadwork that I've done to honor them.

7 comments:

  1. Blogger is a booger today. I've been trying to post a comment and couldn't. I just wanted you to know that I really like the outline in this crane piece. I never really noticed it in your other work. I've never seen or heard a crane. Bet poor Sadie was scared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate your work is always amazing. I love how you share your inspiration behind each piece. You are one of the greatest bead artists in the world. If I ever go to Alaska meeting you is definitely on the agenda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great piece, Kate!! Just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! The sandhills are very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the sandhills!! Beautiful bag as usual ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you know that you can make cash by locking selected pages of your blog / site?
    All you need to do is to open an account with CPALead and run their Content Locking widget.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you making money from your premium file uploads?
    Did you know that AdWorkMedia will pay you an average of $500 per 1,000 link unlocks?

    ReplyDelete