Thursday, August 18, 2011

DONE BUT NOT DONE


The wolf is done! I am about one day away from finishing the side panels and then there will be lots of lazy stitch to do. I'm so happy with the way he turned out, lots of personality. Some other things I like about this piece is the forest in the distance, just did some abstract swirls and circles but I think the effect is cool. Also, decided to leave out the orange I had penciled in and went with turquoise instead. The orange was too much. I do like the shading on the mountains.
    Finished a spool of thread on this project. It use to be such a mile stone when that happened, now I just unceremoniously throw it away and move onto the next. I'm not a fan of how the new spools unravel in a big tangled mess. Really, a very small complaint in a good bead life...

5 comments:

  1. This is amazing!!!! He does have so much personality and is just wonderful!!! You are certainly someone I look up to with your work!! If you don't mind me asking what thread do you use? I know several beaders use Nymo but I don't care for it myself. I use Silamide which seems to work for me but..
    again, Kate this piece is FANTASTIC!!! What are you going to do with it? i might have missed that story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate this is just amazing. You are such an inspiration and such an amazing artist. Can't wait to see what you do on the side panels. Beautiful beautiful beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me, this piece is mesmerizing. You have captured his "Alpha" in his eyes. The shading on the mountain is perfection. This is an amazing piece, MORE than usual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do primarily use Nymo, have for 37 years so I'm just use to it. Sometimes when I need an extra strong thread I use Fireline. I'm glad you guys like it, it just came together even though I was dreading working on it.It's an order for a collector, pretty sure she will be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Kate, a bit late to the party as they say. But I was wondering through your blog. Just beautiful work! I too have the same problems with thread and have found a solution. There are thread sleeves for cones of thread, very inexpensive and can be found in any quilt or fabric store. They will keep everything nice and tidy until you are ready to use it. Cheers and thanks for sharing your lovely work.

    ReplyDelete