Wednesday, November 17, 2010

METEOR SHOWER

Just got back from mailing the repaired Raven Bag and running tons of errands.We're about 30 miles out of town so you want to check lots of things off your list when you go to Homer. The sun is setting and it's clear so I'm getting excited to go shooting star gazing. Tonite is the beginning of the Leonid's meteor shower! Have to bundle up (it's about 20 degrees here) but the sky is jet black with about a half moon so it should be spectacular. I'm going to try and take some pictures, I would love to be able to capture some inspiration for the beadwork. Have done lots of night skies, but none with shooting stars! I would like to do a piece with a crystal drop,(like the one in this piece) hanging in a window that shows some constellations and the shooting stars outside. I was happy with this crystal drop but think the piece was too busy to show it off very well. I have a petty clear vision of this future beadwork but tonites meteors should add the final element.

4 comments:

  1. They said you should be able to see it best around 4 in the morning here in Indiana. For some reason, I automatically woke up at 4. Hurried to take the dog out and watch the sky while I waited. Rats! It was raining. So, I'll try tonight. Hope you got to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you took pics again of the 'repair' job...and this piece is AMAZING!!!!! I can't believe the detail you add to your work, Kate!! Just beautiful!!! We've been watching the 'space shuttle' as it passes over Michigan!! Happened twice! It's so cool to see this 'bleep' move so fast!!! But to see a meteor would be awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it was fantastic! They were zipping here and zipping there. The pics were not good but I have a good minds eye view... The space shuttle sounds very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you know that you can make money by locking selected pages of your blog or website?
    All you need to do is open an account on AdscendMedia and embed their content locking tool.

    ReplyDelete